Monday, April 9, 2007

Grindhouse - Rose McGowan, Exploited Ass.

In the first of what is likely to be a lengthy series of tributes to Quentin Tarantino's and Roberto Rodriguez's double feature masterpiece, I present Rose McGowan.

I'm pretty certain I don't need to sell you the benefits of going to see this feature. So far I've only seen the trailer and the making-of clips. I can't wait to see the actual movies.

Not are they content with simply putting the fun back into cinema. Nor are they simply witty and stylish and full of the usual film buff references. Nor are they simply great action movies with cool car chases in cool cars. Nor are they simply gratuitously violent. Indeed, they seem to have assembled some of the finest ass in motion pictures.

And... I'm pretty sure we're going to get a damn good look at it.

I admit I am a huge fan of both Quentin and Robert. I find the director's (and writer's, and editor's, and cinematographer's, and composer's) commentary on Rodriguez's films to be a better lesson in filmmaking than anyone could get at a bricks and mortar film school.

I just love his work and his whole approach to filmmaking. If you are in any way interested in making your own movie, you MUST read his book on the making of El Mariachi. Oh and Robert, thanks for Salma Hayek too!

So, let's first take a look at Rose and her fine cheeks. More Grindhouse babes to follow in the coming days.